Friday, December 19, 2014

December 2014 Look Back at Our Daily Bread Designs

Today we are having another peek at the December release at Our Daily Bread Designs!  I had some fun playing around with some dies! Yes, I used the new Gilded Gate Die and made the arch by cutting out parts of the Decorative Corner Die. There are so many creative ways to use this die and you know how I love to mix and match my dies! I used a white gel pen to add highlights to the gate for added dimension. It really brings the gate to life!  To the right, I added a sign on the gate with the Free Admission Stamp Set.  Which reads Eternal Life Admit One. I designed the card so that it could be used two ways. First, it could be given to a new Christian or it would also be nice to use for someone who is already a Christian and suffering from a life long or terminal illness. It's a reminder of their future and not their current circumstances.
Now let's get into more details of how this card was made. I started with heavy white card stock as the base for this A7 size card and added papers from the ODBD Christmas 2014 paper collection. I sponged the edges with matching ink so that the paper would blend where I made new cuts. I did piece the paper at the top where the ribbon and border cross the card.
For the main image panel, I took a piece of glossy cardstock and stamped with the ODBD Garden Path stamp for the walkway and grassy area. I just took a large post it type note and masked off the area of the stamp that I didn't want to use. I inked the stamp, removed the mask and then made my stamped image. I hand colored this area with water based markers for the fine details and used a sponge tipped stylus tool to layer on color with dye based inks. I also used a mask to get a clean line across the paper where the gate stands. I flipped my mask around and began creating the sky with the stylus tool and dye inks. I trimmed the edges of the paper down to 4.25x5.75 inches and sprayed it with a clear coat to bring out the vibrance of the inks. I highlighted some flowers and the brick path with a white gel pen. I attached the gate and made a black and white mat for depth and dimension. I then attached the main matted image to the background paper and then pieced the top by adding a border and ribbon. This looked a bit plain so I pulled out some black pearl bling and a mini decorative fleur de lis.
On the inside I made a mat with the decorative papers and added two white borders from the ODBD Beautiful Borders Dies. I stamped the sentiment from the new ODBD The Gate Stamp Set and cut it out with the ODBD Antique Labels and Borders Dies. I sponged the edges with a bit of black ink for contrast and centered it on the page. Believe it or not, this is one of the few cards that I can actually mail using a single stamp with a standard envelope. You better look twice because that doesn't happen very often!   I love dimension and I don't mind mailing cards in a bubble mailer. So if you are a one stamp card maker, this may be just the card for you!

I think that's about it except for the materials list below. Just click on the pictures for links and more information about these items. Stop by and check out the ODBD Blog to see our projects and pop by the design team members blogs for additional pictures and information about how they made their projects.
Julie * Chris * Lori * Dawn * Sandee * Paula(That's Me) * Cathy * Wanda * Stacy * Sabrina 
Gracie (Guest Designer)

December Release Items
CSBD52 - GILDED GATE DIESCSBD63 - MINI TAG DIESG586 - THE GATEGCS34 - FREE ADMISSION (Clear Stamps)

Additional Our Daily Bread Products Used
CHRISTMAS COLLECTION 2014 6x6 PAPER PADGARDEN PATHCSBD51 - BEAUTIFUL BORDERS DIESCSBD39 - DECORATIVE CORNERS DIESCSBD26 - ANTIQUE LABELS & BORDER DIES

Thanks so much for joining me today!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Love both cards Paula! I like how you used the ticket on the gate! Great idea!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- loving this set! I wanted to stop by and wish you a Blessed Christmas!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Paula!! I just love your use of the path set with the gate die Paula!! Very creative and beautiful my friend. Hope you are feeling better. Thinking and praying for you.
hugs,
Chris

Dawn said...

so colorful, Paula!! love the gate with the ticket on it!!!

Grace said...

This is soooo clever Paula! Love how you used the corner die and the ticket sentiment is perfect! Very clever!!! Hope you are feeling better now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin