Monday, December 1, 2014

December Release From Our Daily Bread Designs


Hello crafty friends! Welcome back to another ODBD release with brand new prizes! The amount for the drawings has increased and that means more crafty fun for the winners!!!! Without further ado, here are the details!
Prize Information: - 
Three randomly selected winners will each receive a $25 gift certificate to the ODBD Store, to be used toward the purchase of ODBD Stamps found in the "stamps column" of the website just for commenting on the Design Team cards!  You have until December 2, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. EST to leave your comments on the Designers Blogs for a chance to win!  The Winners will be posted on the ODBD Blog on December 3rd, so be sure to check back there to see if you won!

One more reminder! Today is cyber Monday and ODBD is offering grab bags along with a free shipping offer on qualifiying purchases!!!!

I just love this new gate stamp set!!!! I dream that is my entry gate in front of my Victorian house. I stamped the sentiment and the gate from the new stamp set called "The Gate" onto glossy white card stock. Say that three times fast!  I fussy cut this out and layered it on top of a label die cut which I stamped with the sentiment. I layered these pieces on top of the new Gilded Gate Die cuts. I cut them apart and did some layering with the die cuts. I cut a white card base 4.5x12 inches and folded at 6 inches so that the finished card measures 4.5x 6 inches. I trimmed down paper from the ODBD Chalkboard collection and mounted it on the card base. I then cut two white doilies. I cut one in half and placed it on the chalkboard paper so that it looked like one large doily and spanned the width of the paper as seen in the photo. I then cut four corners from the other die cut and placed them on the corners of the designer paper. I then placed the gate layers on top of the central doily to hide the gap of the two doily pieces. Add in some dimensional foam, black bling and white ribbon to add finishing touches!
These are the ODBD products used to create this card. Click on the images below to find the web pages for these products:
CSBD52 - GILDED GATE DIESG586 - THE GATECSBD62 - DOILY DIESCHALKBOARD COLLECTION 6x6 PAPER PAD/
Many design team members did a stellar job at using this sled image from the new Let it Snow Stamp set. It's a real beauty! My version was stamped onto glossy card stock and colored with alcohol markers. The ground and sky were added using dye ink and a colorbox sponge tipped applicator by layering on colors. The snowflakes, highlights and piles of snow were added with  a white gel pen and then I used a glossy clear spray to seal the piece. Fine white glitter was added on bits of snow for shine and sparkle! I just love using glitter on snow for a festive feel! I mounted the image on a piece of blue designer paper from the new Patriotic collection.
I used blue pearlescent card stock as my card base cut at 5.5x11 inches and folded in half for a square card. I took another piece of paper from the Patriotic collection and cut it slightly smaller than the card base. I added 5/8 inch twill tape across the card so that it looked like ribbon on a package. I took a large doily die cut and cut out the center using another of the dies from the same set. I scored and folded the doily to get a small rosette and added an embossed snowflake from the Ornate Borders and Flower stamp set. I cut it out with the coordinating die and topped the rosette. I dug around in my stash of brads for the white snowflake to top it all off. The Let it Snow tag was made by using white embossing powder and light blue ink. I used the new Mini Tags Dies to cut the tag and then I sponged it with blue ink while the die was still attached to the tag. This left a nice white border. I absolutely love all of the mini tag dies in this set! I know they will get a lot of use!!!
Click on the pictures below for the links to these ODBD products;
PATRIOTIC COLLECTION 6x6 PAPER PADG605 - LET IT SNOWCSBD63 - MINI TAG DIESCSBD62 - DOILY DIESCSBD35 - ORNATE BORDERS & FLOWERS DIESF430 - ORNATE BORDERS & FLOWERS
Spectrum Noir Marker colors used are...
DR 2,3,5,7
BG 1,3,5
BT1
TB2
GT1,2,3
LY 2,3
TN 3,5,7
CG 3,4
JG6
Blender  pen

Please stop by and vist the ODBD Blog and my breadstick sister's blogs.

Julie * Chris * Cathy * Lori * Dawn * Sandee * Paula (that's me)* Angie * Lisa * Audrey 
Silke * Wanda * Grace * Gracie (Guest Designer)
Photobucket

23 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Paula, wow!!! The black and white card is absolutely stunning!!! Love how you used the doily for the corners!! The second is so gorgeous too....the glossy cardstock for the image was a fantastic idea and I love the rosette you made with the doily! Fabulous job on both!! HUGS!!

Becky said...

Gorgeous job Paula! Love that black and white and your coloring is awesome on that second one.

Ann said...

Beautiful cards and lovely coloring on the sled card.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Both of your creations are stunning Paula!! I so love the first layout with the gate and the black and white. It looks so elegant!! The second is so beautifully colored and the added doily an ornate flower is such a creative touch!!
hugs,
Chris

Cathymac said...

Beautiful and creative, Paula…what fabulous release projects. Love the way you used the doily die on each and the coloring on the sled image is gorgeous! Both cards are just stunning! Hugs!

Pamela Haskin said...

Paula, I love everything about your cards! Your black and white card is so elegant. I especially like your blue and white snowflake!

Donna Whitten said...

Love your beautiful cards! The sled one is my fav! Thanks for sharing.

Christine Kiehl said...

Amazing set of cards you crafted to share on the hop! I love the small rosette you used on the 2nd card! You would be only the second crafted I know to use already printed background papers for your cards! No joke! Your first card is pure beauty and class!!! I like your card making talent!

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Lovely cards! Neat idea to use the gate piece to cover the gap between the doily halves--no one know if you didn't tell them. And the sled card just resonates vintage Christmas joy. Love the addition of the snow with your white pen, and your coloring plays off the patterned paper really well. Thanks so much for sharing these!

Laurie B. said...

Lovely cards. The black and white is so elegant. The sled is beautifully colored and combined with the perfect papers and embellishments.

Amy Marshall said...

Gorgeous cards. Your blue sled card is beautifully colors and I love the snowflake.

Grace said...

Wowza Paula!!!! Love BOTH cards!!! Your first one is so elegant in black and white and I love the layout and the gorgeous gate image! The second one is colored so beautifully and I love the sketch you used! Just beautiful samples my friend!!!
hugs,
Grace

Silke Ledlow said...

Paula, these are just simply beautiful designs and cards...well done!

Marianne Barkman said...

You did a super job on those cards...can I buy them? Thank you for sharing.

Sue D said...

Beautiful cards!

Rose said...

You did an amazing job on these cards. Especially like the black and white one.

Dawn said...

Wow... your gate card is just stunning! Ah, yes...I'd love to have the gate opening to my home too! lol
Love the sled on glossy, beautifully colored! Soooooo clever on the doily rosette!! I need to try that!

Eva Warren said...

I absolutely love the new stamps. I especially like the sled.

April said...

Beautiful cards! The black and white is so striking and the coloring on the sled is so vibrant! Great job!

Heather said...

Two gorgeous cards!! That black and white card is so elegant and tricky you cutting the doily in half and hiding the joins. I never would have guessed. And your coloring on the sled image is amazing!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, Paula, your cards are both so creative and full of wonderful details! Love them!

Saints Rule! said...

Amazing projects Paula! Love the coloring on the sled! And that black and white card is amazing!

Kelley said...

The black card is so stunning and those corners are adorable!! Your sled card is so pretty, love the rosette!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin