Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Sled Christmas Card



Hello crafty friends! I'm back with my project for the SCS Sketch Challenge 518.  I have used  new products from Our Daily Bread Designs and I'll tell you all about them as I explain how I made this card!



I took the sketch and turned it upside down. Then I added a few more layers to dress it up a bit. I began by selecting Bravo Burgundy and Sahara Sand card stock. I stamped the sled image from the new ODBD Let it Snow stamp set with Bravo Burgundy pigment ink. I trimmed down the card stock and added a mat. Then I tried out my new embossing folder which I received in a WRAK secret sister 
F-R-O-S-T-E-D swap on SCS. (Thanks Angie!) I trimmed down the card stock and matted it. Then I knew this would be an A7 card (5x7) and I cut the card base. I took the new ODBD Gilded Gate die and started adding decoration to the matted sled and the embossed snowflake panels. I liked the result so I turned my attention to the sentiment and stamped one of the four sentiments from the Let it Snow stamp set. I used a die from the Ornate Flowers and Border Dies and then did a bit of sponging. I fussy cut a mat for the sentiment and then cut out the poinsettia using the ODBD Peaceful Poinsettia Die. I added the flourish from the ODBD Fancy Foliage Dies to complete the look. I added Glossy Accents to the poinsettia leaves for a bit of shine along with a tiny piece of bling in the center.
Here is a close up of the sled image. This stamp has tons of details and it stamped wonderfully with the pigment ink. Click on the images below if you want more information about the ODBD products used on this project!
G605 - LET IT SNOWCSBD52 - GILDED GATE DIESCSBD74 - PEACEFUL POINSETTIA DIESCSBD33 - FANCY FOLIAGE DIESCSBD35 - ORNATE BORDERS & FLOWERS DIES
Thanks for stopping by and visiting me!
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin