Tuesday, January 13, 2015

ODBD Color Challenge 222


I know that it has been a while since I last posted and several of you have inquired as to where I have been. Well...my husband and I have been ill since the beginning of December with a lung
infection. After many trips to see the Doctor, we are slowly on the mend. Christmas came and went and I did not do any cooking for any of the Holiday meals!!! Things are finally getting back to normal and I ventured out of the house for the first time on Sunday. I hadn't been out in 21 days! Now let's get on to the fun stuff! 
Today I have joined in the color challenge 222 at Our Daily Bread Designs.  You can find a new challenge on their blog every Tuesday so head on over and join the fun!!! Win the prize for the Shining Light Challenge!!!

I chose three of the lavender and purples from this color chart to create my card with some of the new stamps from Our Daily Bread Designs. The main image is from the Just a Note Stamp set and I fussy cut the image. I backed it with dark card stock and cut another treble clef to add another layer. The background image behind that is the Grunge Piano Background. Behind the scrolly frame is another background called Chalkboard Lattice. Click on the photos below to see more information about these items.
ODBD January 2015 Release Items used:
H522 - JUST A NOTEH587 - GRUNGE PIANO BACKGROUND

ODBD Previously Released Item:
G539 - Chalkboard Lattice Background

Materials List
Card Stock- Smooth White, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum
Ink- Pale Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum
Water Based Markers- Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Certainly Celery, So Saffron
ODBD Stamps- Just A Note, Grunge Piano Background, Chalkboard Lattice Background
Dies- Spellbinder 5x7 Reflective Moment
Misc.- Bling and ribbon
Photobucket

3 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I am so glad you felt able enough to create a card my friend. What a lavender beauty!! Your combination of dies, texture and design is beautiful!! What an awesome take on the colors, Paula!! Thanks for supporting the CT and challenge!! I am continuing to pray for you!
hugs,
Chris

Becky said...

I am glad your two are feeling better. Your card is just stunning, beautiful design and colors.

Angella D. Crockett said...

Praying that you and your hubby continue to heal! Your card is so beautiful! Love the colors you chose and the piano bg behind the treble clef looks awesome....will have to borrow that idea sometime! HUGS!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin