Friday, January 16, 2015

ODBD Taking a Look Back at the January Release


Hello crafty friends! I have a couple of projects to show you today which were made with some of the ODBD January release stamps and dies! First, I have this sweet little lantern to show you. When I saw the new Faithful Fish Pattern Die and Debossing Plate, I imediately thought of making a lantern with it and this is the end result. I started with a sturdy card stock as the base and then added the fish pattern windows which I cut out of heavy vellum. On top of that I added designer paper which is cut  so that the card stock just peeks out around the edges. You can see the shadow of it on the inside of the window and around the outside edges.
. I sponged the edges of the designer paper and added four ODBD Decorative Corners die cuts which were also sponged. They are sandwiched back to back on opposite sides of the lantern. I stamped the treble clef from the Just a Note Stamp set and used alcohol markers to color it. I fussy cut this out and backed it with the same beige card stock that I used on the lantern. I cut it out and added foam dots to the back. I placed it on the lantern and added a few swirl die cuts from the ODBD Fancy Foliage Dies.I sponged the pink ink onto smooth white card stock and cut the swirls out from that so the stamped image matched the swirls and designer paper.
 For the roof, I used vellum and the ODBD Vintage Flourish Pattern Die as the base. I added a border with the ODBD Beautiful Borders Dies which I also sponged. I folded this piece in half and  added the center die cut using the ODBD Vintage Labels Dies. On each side, I stamped a verse from the ODBD Just a Note Stamp set.
I added a bit of Aleene's Tack-It-Over & Over glue to the underside of the roof and let it dry. Now I can place the roof on the lantern and easily remove it. With the roof removed, the lantern will fold flat and can easily be mailed or stored. I just place the roof onto a piece of  parchment paper before folding so that the glue can be used over and over. 
The  Faithful Fish Pattern Die and Debossing Plate can be a little tricky to use with heavy vellum. I found it helpful to use a metal shim to cut on and a paper shim over the center of the die. I did need to rotate my sandwich and run it through the machine two or three times. I also found it helpful to crank slowly as I embossed each piece so as not to tear around the fish.

The next project is this sweet little card using the new ODBD Music Speaks Stamp Set! It measures 5 1/2 inches square. I started with a piece of heavy card stock for the base and added a dark peachy/pink textured card stock with a piece of designer paper from the ODBD Blushing Rose collection. I sponged the edges of the DP and added a gold textured ODBD Doily Die Cut. I cut the doily in half and used it above and below the main image. I stamped the main image onto vanilla card stock and colored it with alcohol markers. I sponged the edges and layered onto the textured cardstock. I then pierced the edged for more interest and texture.

The ribbon was added around the card layers and dimensional foam was added to pop those layers off of the card base. Foam was added to the center die cuts and placed over the ribbon. I stamped Just a note onto more Vanilla card stock and die cut it with the ODBD Mini Tags Dies. I made the bow and added a home made rose using single five petal mulberry flowers. I cut the leaves with the ODBD Fancy Foliage Dies and paper from the ODBD Blushing Rose paper collection. The finishing touch was some gold bling added to the doily.

ODBD Items Used for the Lantern (click on images for more information)
CSBD73 - FAITHFUL FISH PATTERN DIE & DEBOSSING PLATEH522 - JUST A NOTECSBD33 - FANCY FOLIAGE DIESCSBD51 - BEAUTIFUL BORDERS DIESCSBD39 - DECORATIVE CORNERS DIESCSBD56 - VINTAGE FLOURISH PATTERN DIESCSBD55 - VINTAGE LABEL DIES

ODBD Items used to make Bird Card
H523 - MUSIC SPEAKSCSBD55 - VINTAGE LABEL DIESCSBD62 - DOILY DIESCSBD33 - FANCY FOLIAGE DIESH522 - JUST A NOTEBLUSHING ROSE COLLECTION 6x6 PAPER PAD

Check out the ODBD Blog post and my sister sticks.
Paula * Sandee * Lori * Cathy *  Dawn * Wanda

Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

WOWZA!!!!! Paula girl, you are somethin' else!!! That lantern is insanely gorgeous and so clever and your card is so beautiful!!! Fabulous job on both!! HUGS!!

Dawn said...

Paula...your lantern is just too stinkin clever!!! what a beautiful idea! your card is a beauty too!!

Cathymac said...

Oh WOW, Paula…your lantern is amazing! Love how the fish pattern looks on the vellum! Beautiful colors and papers on the card as well…fabulous projects! Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin