Tuesday, February 24, 2015

No Coloring Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs

Hey crafters, It's time for another Shining The Light Challenge over at Our Daily Bread Designs. This week we are making a no coloring project! This one is sooo stinkin' simple you won't believe it!

To see all the projects created for ODBDSLC228 or to join the challenge click here. You have until March 1, 2015 at 8:00pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on our next challenge post. Please do not post on Flicker as many of us do not have the ability to comment on your cards nor can we spotlight your cards on the blog.”
For this project I chose a nice aqua paper and heat embossed the doily stamp with white embossing powder. I just added the pattern in a random fashion on the card stock. I added the lace and the ribbon. Then I pulled out the ODBD Aster Dies. I cut three of the large flowers, three of the medium flowers and two of the small flowers. Taking my scissors, I used one blade to curl the petals by gently pulling the blade against the petals. Just like you would do if curling ribbon with scissors. I glued the layers together starting with the largest and working my way to the center. Each layer was added by offsetting the layers of petals each time. I added a large piece of bling to the center, added it to the card I mounted the front to the white card base. I took the ODBD Ornate Border Sentiments stamp set and stamped a greeting. I cut it out using the ODBD Mini Tag Dies and sponged the edge of the sentiment. Next came the bow and placing the sentiment on the card. I hope you like it! It's so simple!!!

Head on over and see what the other breadsticks have created for you! You won't be disappointed!
Robin * Gracie * Paula(That's me) * Diana * Elizabeth * Chris


ODBD Dies Used: Mini Tag Dies, Aster Dies
Ink: Adirondack Aqua, Memento London Fog
Card stock: Aqua, White
Misc.: Ribbon, Lace, Pearl Bling, Silver Bling

Here are a few more cards using different colors and stamps!
Handmade coffee filter flower, ODBD Ornate Border Sentiment Stamps, SU! Fine Lace Background Stamp embossed with white embossing powder and sponged with cameo Coral Ink.
Handmade flower made from individual silk rose petals. 
ODBD Birthday Doily embossed with white embossing powder and sponged with SU! Pretty in Pink and Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet ink.
ODBD Mini Tag Dies
Photobucket

6 comments:

Diana Nguyen said...

What a wonderful collection of big flower cards... love the bling in the middle and your different flowers. So pretty!

Robin Clendenning said...

Absolutely phenomenal lace and I LOVE the color of aqua/turquoise. It is one of my favorites! Your flower and your stenciling is so gorgeous as well! Beautiful job on all your cards!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, the lace is exquisite, and what a great idea to use it with the Asters flowers and one of my favorite colors!! Stunning cards in the various colors!! Love them all! Warm hugs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Exquisite loveliness my friend!! I just love all these cards with the stunning flower and gorgeous layout!! So elegant and feminine!! I love them all!!! The first is my fave with the green/ blue color...my fave color!!
hugs,
Chris

Alshandra said...

Wow you've been busy! Gorgeous aqua colours and I love the design of this one. The other cards are awesome too!

wendy2512 said...

So very pretty. Love all the lace with the ribbon and bg paper alongside your beautiful flower. So much work but so worth it...TFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin