Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Valentine Jar ODBDSLC225 Color Challenge

Hey crafty friends, it's time for the Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge! I'll be working with the challenge team to bring you a new challenge every Tuesday!
 To see all the projects created for ODBDSLC225 or to join the challenge click here. You have until February 8, 2015 at 8:00pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on our next challenge post. Please do not post on Flicker as many of us do not have the ability to comment on your cards nor can we spotlight your cards on the blog.”


Today we have a color challenge and were required to use at least three colors from this grouping.
197487056
I chose the peachy tones and green. My green is a bit different because I went searching for a designer paper to use and I kept coming back to this one. It was calling my name for this project so I just had to use it!!!
This card is big!!!  I think it's the largest card that I have ever made and it's a whopping 5.5 x 8.5 inches! I have extra envelopes left over from my daughter's graduation and thought I should try and use some of them up. You already know that I love to make 5x7 inch cards because of all of the real estate. Now I just might be hooked on this larger size!!!
This is what I used to make this project:
ODBD Dies Used:  Beautiful Borders Dies, Decorative Corners Dies, Antique Labels and Borders Dies, Canning Jars Dies, Mini Tag Dies
Spectrum Noir Markers- Blender, BT1, BT3, CT1, GB1, GB4, FS1, FS4, LG1, LG3, LY1, LY2, CR2, CR3.
Ink- Memento Tux Black, Memento London Fog, Su! Certainly Celery, Distress Victorian Velvet.
Card Stock- Su! Certainly Celery, Textured Peach
Misc.- Ribbon, Brad, Half back pearls, Bakers' Twine

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you play along!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Welcome to the team my friend!!! Your card is gorgeous and so sweet!! I so love the soft colors in the jar of hearts and the added ticket as well as your addition of the die cut corner!! Beautiful work, Paula!!
hugs,
Chris

Michele Henderson said...

Love all these pretty details!

Robin Clendenning said...

This is so sweet! Literally, hee, with your jar of candy hearts and the colors are so pretty! Love the paper you used and the corner dies, border die is just perfect! Beautiful card Paula!

Alshandra said...

Glad to have you on the team Paula! Wow, that is a big card! I love the green that you used and awesome use of the dies. Jar of candy hearts is so cute and such a gorgeous bow! Beautiful card!

Diana Nguyen said...

So glad to have you join us in our fun, Paula! And it looks like you went all out on this card - love it! So big, bright, and fun!

Angelica Schmidt said...

Such a beautiful creation Paula!
Love the jar filled with candy and the beautiful die cuts! Have a Blessed day!

Michele Henderson said...

Fresh and fun card! Love the pretty colors and lay-out! Cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin