Tuesday, March 24, 2015

ODBDSLC231 Spring and Religious Easter Inspiration

I'm back today with the Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge. Join us for the fun and inspiration!
You have until March 29, 2015 at 8:00pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on our next challenge post. Please do not post on Flicker as many of us do not have the ability to comment on your cards nor can we spotlight your cards on the blog.”
199678686
This was our inspiration collage for the challenge.  I chose to use the cross, flowers and egg to create an accordion card with a twist. I'll show you the twist in just a moment. First, let me tell you about the front. I cut a piece of heavy white card stock 3  1/2 inches wide and 11 inches long and then scored the paper every inch making 4 score lines. I accordion folded at the score lines and lined the card base with paper from the Shabby Rose Collection. I added the lace to the sides by gluing it to the front and back of the accordion before I glued down the designer paper. when the card is open all of the way, the lace measures about 2 1/4 inches. It all looked good but I wanted to have a fancy cut at the top of the card so I used the largest die from the Antique Labels & Borders dies and made the cut so just one side of the die would cut through the paper. Now the back of my card is about 5 1/2 inches high.
I then stamped the egg, and several images of the flowers on white card stock. I colored the flowers and then cut them out into individual pieces. I stamped the cross and verse onto the paper collection and cut those out too. I sponged ink around the edge of the cross and placed it on the egg with dimensional foam tape. I added this to the card with foam tape and placed the pearls on the cross and at the top of the card. At the base of the cross I added three leaves and that completed the back panel. On the panel in front of that, I added nine leaves and then popped the flowers up with foam tape.
For the very front, I cut two of the smallest labels of the Vintage Flourish Pattern dies and cut one end off. I pieced the two labels together and placed the scripture verse on top with foam tape. A bit of pearls and the front was complete.
For the twist, I added a decorative gusseted pocket on the back to hold a note or sentiment. The gusset of this pocket also helps the card stand up. The card would fall over without this pocket because there is so much weight on the back of the card compared to the two much smaller front panels. The other thing I did to help balance this card was to add some weight to the back of the first accordion pleat. I placed a couple of pieces of chip board down and covered it with decorative paper.
I hope you enjoyed this Easter Greeting Card project today!

Check out more details about designer projects on their blogs. They always have some cool tricks to show you!

 Materials List
Card Stock: White
Ink: Memento London Fog, Adirondack Lights Lake Mist and Aqua.
Alcohol Markers: Spectrum Noir DG2,3,4, FS6,8,CT3 and a blender pen
Misc.: Lace, Pearl Bling, dimensional foam tape.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a creative and gorgeous fold, Paula!! I love the layering of the cross in front of the floral egg, the added flowers, and your design!! Stunning project displaying the true meaning of Easter and a beautiful take on the Inspiration!!
hugs,
Chris

Robin Clendenning said...

Your cross card is so pretty Paula! I love the bottom being like a box. Beautiful little violets in your box! I love the pearls on your cross too, Jesus is that perfect pearl isn't He!
Just beautiful!

Graciellie Ch said...

This is so lovely and also such a different design... Beautiful! You have really inspired me with this one dear friend. Hugs, Gracie.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, what a beautiful and different accordion card with a twist!! It's lovely and such a delight to see both in front and back. I love the colors and the beautiful violets (one of my favorite images), and what a precious card to display for this Easter and others to come! Stunning and so clever!! Hugs!

Grace said...

Paula I love your creative card design! The twist is such a great little place to tuck in something special and the message of Easter comes through loud and clear from your beautiful design!
hugs,
Grace

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin