Monday, April 20, 2015

Card for Mother

Sneak Peek of card
Our Color Challenge 527 at Splitcoaststampers calls for Pink Pirouette, Sahara Sand and Wild Wasabi. The dessert is Shabby Chic.  I do like to make shabby chic and vintage cards so this was right in my wheelhouse!!! In my mind, I could see the pink and sand colors! What was I going to do with wild wasabi?  I thought and thought and thought!!!! This is a tough one, how am I going to pull this off and still have shabby chic? After all, Shabby Chic is a bit of distress/age mixed with soft colors. I pulled some items together and started by cutting out my card base. From there I started adding layers and it hit me like a ton of bricks!!! Well duh, wild wasabi should be the greens with my flowers and don't worry about adding a layer of it with the pink and sand colors!!! So simple and sometimes my brain just gets stuck somewhere else.
I was also thinking about the SCS inspiration challenge 489 in the back of my mind so I mixed the two challenges. The Pottery Barn was the site for inspiration and I pulled mine from this picture. The sand and greens are here and that little greenhouse terrarium reminds me of the frame that I used. Flowers and greenhouse shaped terrariums just go together anyway!

 
I chose the Spellbinders Reflective Moment Die Cut as my card base and cut four of them so that I would have a sturdy base to hold the weight of all those flowers! I used two for the front and two for the back. I sponged with Memento London Fog ink. I embossed the pink card stock and sponged again. Distressing the edges and curling up the corner was also done.
The next layer is Su! Sahara Sand and I stamped it with the French Script background stamp. More distressing was done on this layer and then I added the embossed white corner.
The flowers were layered on top of the corner.  The pink flowers were white and I hand colored them with distress ink. I added green swirly leaves with the ODBD Fancy Foliage die and then tucked in the white flowers along with the stick pin. All the while I was adding the flowers, I had the frame sitting on the card for placement.


The frame was made from a Martha Stewart Silicone Mold Set called Frame and Flourishes. I used Model Magic clay by Crayola and then sponged a little London Fog ink on the edges. I stamped the sentiment and adhered it to the frame. I then added a layer of crystal effects as faux glass. A bow and some Pearl Bling finished everything off.

Materials List
Stamps- Flourishes Siberian Iris, Su! French Script
Dies- Spellbinders 5x7card creator reflective moment, ODBD Fancy Foliage
Embossing- Darice Doily Lace Frame Embossing Folder, Corner Brass stencil by cards unlimited called classics Emily
Paper/Card Stock- Sahara Sand, Pink Pirouette, Smooth White, the green is from the DCWV [newer]Luxury Stack
Ink- Ranger Adirondack Lights Lake Mist, Memento London Fog, Stazon Cactus Green, Victorian Velvet Distress
Miscellaneous-Crystal Effects, White Frame, Pearl Stick Pin, Pearl Bling, Ribbon
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin