Monday, April 13, 2015

Encouraging Words

 
Hey everyone, I'm back with the new Color challenge at Splitcoaststampers! Check it out here! This week we are working with Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise and Island Indigo with dessert being flowers.
Before I get too far, check out the challenge thread from last week to see who won! There are several winners and a prize to be sent out!!!
 I almost made a Christmas card using the ODBD Christmas Collection 2014 but realized I didn't have the Christmas die that I needed. The colors are perfect for this challenge. At the last minute I changed my mind and made this card of encouragement instead. 
Today has been a day of changes and challenges for me. I had intended on adding a few more layers to my project and thought some embossing would be pretty.... Here's what happened instead. I was almost finished with the project when I blistered my fingers in two places (Yes, it was my dominant hand.) with the hot glue.  I haven't done that in years! I was adding the flower and squeezed the trigger of the gun. Nothing came out.  I pushed on the glue stick and still nothing.  All of a sudden a gush of glue comes out all over my nearly completed card!!!  No, that didn't just happen!!! I raced to try and get the glue up but it was all over the card! I knew I would probably get burned and it was worth it to save my project! In the end, I had to start over and I didn't add the embossed paper since my fingers were hurting. It's still a pretty card but not quite what my mind had imagined.
I had the Rose Red and Tempting Turquoise card stock and inks in my stash. It took me a few minutes to find a suitable stand in for the Island Indigo. With card stock in hand, I looked for designer paper that would work instead of the Christmas paper. I pulled out this sweet little 6 x 6 pad called Madeline from Prima! This paper is so pretty that I didn't want to cover much of it up so I just went with a sentiment. I chose the ODBD God Quotes and stamped it with Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I added a square die cut from the ODBD Layered Lacey Squares and sponged the edge with Su! Rose Red ink. Once I had backed each panel with card stock, I glued my panels down and used dimensional foam to lift the sentiment. I pulled out a white mulberry rose and my aqua painter and added color to the rose with my Rose Red stamp pad. The addition of some pearl bling finished things off! This project measures 4 1/4 x 6 inches.
Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty card of encouragement Paula-I love the lacey square die you used here-sorry to hear about your hot glue accident-praying the Lord heals those fingers quickly

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin