Monday, April 6, 2015

Language of Friendship

I have made this card for a good friend of mine who has her hands full with her aging and ill mother. It came about when Mary sent me the color challenge chart for this week at Splitcoaststampers. She is jazzing things up a bit by making a grid of colors and we choose the color palette that we would like to use as if we were playing bingo.
 I chose the first row down for my color palette. I chose the designer paper first and then dug out this Su! Stamp set called Language of Friendship. I have had it for a long time and had never used it. One of my goals this year is to ink all of my new stamps! There is quite a stack to go through!!!

I wanted to see if I could make a large branch out of the leaf branch stamp. The single leaf was a bit sparse. I set about to pearch my bird in the tree and colored it with alcohol markers. I already had this die in mind when I was planning out my scene and I just sponged around the edges with a couple of light blue inks.

The rest is easy to figure out but if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Now head on over to the SCSCC253 and play along with us! You'll be glad you did!!!!
Materials list
Stamps- Su! Language of Friendship
Dies- JustRite Vintage Label and Banner, Momenta label 19982R4, ODBD Beautiful Borders, ODBD Fancy Foliage
Punch- Su! Boho Blossom
Paper/CS- Brenda Walton 2005 Super K Paper Pad, Su! Bashful Blue, Su!Certainly Celery, Ultra Smooth White, Coral textured, Yellow textured.
Embossing- Su! perfect Details Texture Plate
Ink- Memento Rich Cocoa, Adirondack Lights Aqua, Su! Bashful Blue
Spectrum Noir Markers- [LG 2,4,5] [CR1] [LY 1,2,3] [GB3] [OR3] [Blender Pen]
Misc.- Half Back Pearl Bling, dimensional foam tape.
Card Size 5 1/2 X 5 1/2 inches

Photobucket

1 comment:

Conniecrafter said...

That bird is so sweet and just love the colors you chose, love the sweet flower with the sentiment and the pearls along the border strip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin