Tuesday, April 14, 2015

ODBDSLC234 Sketch challenge

I'm really lovin' the new rain and umbrella gear that Our Daily Bread Designs released this month, because there are so many ways to use it in papercrafting! I'm using it here for a Get Well Card and I just used it last week for a Baby Card! I'll probably be using it again next week for a Spring Card. There are so many possibilities!
Today is Shining the Light challenge day at Our Daily Bread Designs and we are working with a card sketch! Come and play along with us!

To see all the projects created for ODBDSLC234 or to join the challenge, click here. You have until April 19, 2015 at 8:00pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on our next challenge post. Please do not post on Flicker as many of us do not have the ability to comment on your cards nor can we spotlight your cards on the blog.”
201330591
I flipped the sketch ninety degree and made a sweet little Get Well Card. I used the ODBD Soulful Stitches paper collection to get this soft look.
I followed the sketch quite literally so there are no surprises except for all of the pearls!!! Yes, I did use a lot!!! I colored the handle of the umbrella silver with a paint pen.  I cut an extra handle with the sage shadow paper and glued it on. After I was completely finished, I added the glossy accents so that it looked more realistic and then I set it aside to dry.
I made this Friendship card using the sketch too! I changed my mind with the ODBDSLC last week and had this image  already finished. I guess you could call this bonus week!!!!
Both Cards measure 4 1/2 X 6 1/4 inches.
More information about these products can be found by clicking on the items below in the materials list.

Now it's time to go visit my crafty sister breadsticks and see what they have made for you today!

Materials List for Get Well Card
ODBD Stamps Used: April Showers
ODBD Dies Used: Umbrellas, Clouds & Raindrops, Recipe & TagsBeautiful Borders
ODBD Paper Used: Soulful Stitches
Card Stock: Sage Shadow, Paper Studio Pink
Ink: Memento London Fog, Victorian Velevet Distress
Miscellaneous: Pearl Bling, White Gel Pen, Glossy Accents, Silver Paint Pen, clear gems

Materials List for Friendship Card
ODBD Stamps Used: Iris
ODBD Dies Used: Beautiful BordersRecipe & Tags, Layered Lacey Squares  
ODBD Paper Used: Christian Faith Collection
Card Stock: Ultra Smooth White, Textured Purple
Ink: Lovely Lilac, Almost Amethyst, Memento Tuxedo Black
Spectrum Noir Markers: GT 1,2,3   HB1,3   LV2   CT3
Miscellaneous: Pearl Bling, Lace

I hope you can play along with us and as always....Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, you have been busy! Love both cards for the sketch- you always add so many elegant details!! Thanks for sharing your talent with all of us - hugs and have a blessed week!

Robin Clendenning said...

Hi Paula! I love your cards but I have to say that I LOVE the second one the most because of the gorgeous colors! I just love it, it is so striking! Love the iris image too! Just beautiful! I had a hard time doing the sketch once and your have two!! Wow, you go girl!

Diana Nguyen said...

Wow - you could not tell that it was the same sketch at first glance. Love all the pearls in the first but the iris in the second just blew me away!

Diana Nguyen said...

Wow - you could not tell that it was the same sketch at first glance. Love all the pearls in the first but the iris in the second just blew me away!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Not one but two gorgeous takes on the sketch Paula!! I just love the combo of papers, dies, and colors on the first and your use of the iris and variation of the sketch on the second is gorgeous also!! Stunning work my friend!
hugs,
Chris

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, these are both gorgeous! I agree that they are both the sketch but look so different, and I totally love your colors in each card! I agree...I'm enjoying seeing all the delightful umbrella cards! Hugs, sweet friend!

Alshandra said...

Beautiful cards Paula. Love your take on the sketch and all the details you've added. Love all the pearls! Gorgeous colours on the other card too.

Victoria said...

Hi there! I have nominated your blog for the Liebster Award and/or the One Lovely Blog Award which are ways for fellow bloggers to reach out to one another and discover new blogs too. Details can be found on my blog post: https://cannycuisine.wordpress.com/2015/04/19/liebster-award-and-one-lovely-blog-award/

There’s absolutely no obligation to participate but should you decide to go ahead with it, do give me a shout as I’m very interested to read your responses to my questions.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more amazing posts from you.

Cheers!
Victoria

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin