Tuesday, April 21, 2015

ODBDSLC235 Inspiration challenge

Sneek Peak, scroll down to see the rest of it!
I had so much fun creating my challenge project this week for Our Daily Bread Designs! Come and play along with us here.
 You have until April 26, 2015 at 8:00pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on our next challenge post. Please do not post on Flicker as many of us do not have the ability to comment on your cards nor can we spotlight your cards on the blog.”
201330700
This is our photo for the inspiration challenge and I knew that I wanted to try and duplicate this scene with the new ODBD Umbrellas Dies. At first I thought it would just be a typical card front with a door and umbrella. Then my mind started racing and I envisioned windows and a gable. I wasn't sure if I could pull it off or not, but thought it was worth a try. I headed for my pack of ODBD Double Display cards and went to work. Over the period of several days I worked on this, as the design came together. By day three, I thought I was finished and placed the card across the room. I glance at it every now and then. The shrubs at the bottom were nagging at me and then I remembered that I had a bunch of flower soft tucked away in a drawer. I added blooms on the shrubs and green at the base as if grass or moss was growing. You'll see that my picture on the ODBD blog doesn't have the flower soft because I just added it two days ago. Here is the end result.
Before adding flower soft to shrubs
After adding Flower Soft
I did a bit of sponging here and there after making a lot of die cuts!!! The Windows are made by cutting out a section from the ODBD Window dies. Aren't the curtains cute? I love that part of the die set.
The gable sits on top without any help. It could be attached with velcro if needed but this one works fine without it. The nice thing is that the gable can be removed and sent flat with the rest of the card. Okay, so a normal envelope won't work here but a bubble mailer will and imagine the surprise of the recipient when they see this!

Here is how I made the umbrella basket.  Cut the umbrella and score. My score on the right is a bit off but you get the idea. Then fold and trim off the handle and ears sticking up in the back. Adhere the two back flaps together and line up the handle on the inside. Fill as desired!
To find the ODBD products used in this project, click on the items below in the materials list.


Now it's time to check out what the other breadsticks have to show you today!
RobinGracieElizabethPaula [you are here]DianaChris

I am also including this in the Splitcoaststampers free for all challenge [F4A269] April Showers Bring May Flowers. Well, I just couldn't resist!!!

Materials List
ODBD Stamps Used: April Showers
ODBD Paper Collections Used: Blushing Rose Collection
Card Stock Used: Smooth White, Su! Crumb Cake
Ink: Su! Soft Suede, Victorian Velvet Distress, Adirondack Lights Lemonade
Spectrum Noir Markers Used: PP3, CG2
Misc.: Flower Soft, Half Pearl Bling, Tim Holtz Wood Grain Embossing Folder, Mulberry Roses.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Diana Nguyen said...

Your cards are always so full of wonderful details and this one is no exception. Incredible card - and so much fun to look at and I LOVE your umbrella turned container! And the gate!!! I could go on and on!

Robin Clendenning said...

I love how you turned this special fold card into a house!! What a fun, great idea! All your little details are so pretty!

Linda Hasz said...

Paula, I love your card! I also like to use Flower Soft on my cards. I think it adds another dimension to the card. A lot of people don't know what it is and is usually a topic for discussion when I use it. Great job!
Blessings to you, Linda

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, this is amazing! I can't believe you've made the sweetest "house" with the beautiful DP and beautiful details! I am in awe! It's stunning and a perfect inspiration piece! Hugs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning double display card, Paula!! Every detail from the door, to the sweet house design, to the use of elegant dies. Gorgeous design!! Very inspiring my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Beth Jones said...

This is one of the cutest cards I
have ever seen---love your imagination and your color scheme, and thank you for sharing the instr-
actions for the different elements!
Priceless!

Alshandra said...

Paula this card is simply amazing! So many details and you're so clever how you use the dies! Everything is gorgeous! Love the umbrella on the door and the gable is awesome. Such a fantastic card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin