Monday, April 27, 2015

To the Chapel SCS CC528

SCS CC 528 using Stampscapes Stamps
The color challenge at Splitcoast Stampers this week is using Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride and Soft Sky. Dessert is broad a broad option, with the choices of Crabby [Beach], Shabby [chic] or Fabby. With so many choices, I hope that you will join in for the fun!
I decided to do another Shabby Chic card and use some of my Stampscapes Stamps. I don't think I have ever tried to combind Stampscapes with Shabby before. This has been an experiment! When I pulled this image out, I was thinking of making a masculine card but I just couldn't help but add flowers and pearls! Yes, it's another morphed card!!!! When I chose the designer paper with the light blue roses and browns, well let's just say that things went another way!
The blue corners and border strip are from the Tim Holtz vintage shabby collection papers, but that blue oval was white card stock that I sponged with the two blue inks. Why did I do it that way? Well I started with the image and the ovals first. I keep a stash of white/misc. colors of die cuts on hand and I started there first. This saves time as I design a card. Later, as the card came together, I realized that  the TH designer paper worked perfectly with my design. I hand colored the flowers with ink and an aqua painter. The two sets of flowers on the ends were individual blossoms that I stacked together and added a half back pearl center.
How did I color the image? I used Kevin Nakagawa's [stampscapes creator] techniques using glossy card stock, sponge applicators, water based dye markers and ink pads. You can find his video tutorials here.The only thing I do differently is use black Stazon ink to stamp my images. This one was so simple and I didn't even highlight anything so it really was quick!
Thanks for stopping by! If you should have any questions about this project, just ask!
Materials List
Card Stock and Papers: Su! Blush Blossom, Crumb Cake, Glossy White, Smooth White, Su! Attic Boutique, Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby
Stamps: Stampscapes 215G Country Chapel and 251C Sedge Filler
Ink: Su! Blush Blossom, Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue, Mellow Moss, Garden Green, Stazon Black, Adirondack Lights Aqua, Tea Dye Distress
Dies: Spellbinders Petite Ovals Large, Petite Ovals Small, Clasic Scallop Oval Small, Decorative Photo Corners, Floral Ovals, Card Creator A2 Scalloped Borders Three, Creatables Flower
Miscellaneous: Champagne half pearls, Mulberry Flowers, Vintage Gimp Trim, dimensional foam

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jennifer Scull said...

these colors are just beautiful together! such a wonderful card - so serene....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin