Friday, May 29, 2015

NCC May New Release-Wow!!!

Hello crafty friends! I have the North Coast Creations May release to show you and it's a real wow release!!! These scenes are so beautiful and make excellent masculine cards!!! In case you are wondering, North Coast Creations is one of the sister companies to Our Daily Bread Designs and you know how much I love their products!!! You get the same high quality deeply etched rubber stamps.  Before I get going too far, let me tell you about the gift certificates that will be available to two of you!
Just for commenting on the Design Team Blog Posts, you have a chance to win a $10 NCC Gift Certificate, good towards the purchase of NCC Stamps. You have until May 31st, 2015 at 10:00 PM EDT to leave a comments on the participating designers blogs for a chance to win! Two random winners will be selected from the comments left on the designers blogs, the winners will be announced on the NCC Blog on June 1, 2015, be sure to check back there to see if you have won!

I have used the North Coast Creations Sail away stamp set and heat embossed the images with black embossing powder. I paired it with the new Our Daily Bread Vintage Ephemera papers to make this masculine card. I just added ODBD die cuts using the Pennants Dies, Antique Labels and Borders, Elegant Ovals and  Faithful Fish Pattern Die. Check out the materials list below for links to these products!!!
I combined both of the new stamp sets to make this Double Display card.  I took a piece of 6"x11" glossy card stock and stamped the boat image with gray ink. I masked off the clouds and sun  so that I could make the sky much larger.  Then I inked the water sections of the stamp and created the lake. I used the ground stamp from the Deer Silhouette Greeting and formed the landscape. I then inked just the top portion of the tree stamp and created the low shrubbery. The trees were then created and I inked the leaf portion of the stamp to fill in and make some trees larger and fuller.  I tucked in the two deer and then used a Colorbox stylus tool to streak in the sky. I inked some of the birds from the boat stamp and added extra birds in the sky. I bit of green was added to the trees and then the highlights were added with a gel pen. The scene was set aside to dry while I stamped the sentiment. I sprayed the scene with a clear coat to bring up the colors and preserve the gel pen highlighting from rubbing off. I then sponged the front of the card with aqua ink and began cutting the scene apart and mounting it on Tempting Turquoise card stock. I mounted all of the pieces to the card base and added the sentiment.

Now it's time to check out what the other girls have made for you along with the NCC Blog
Lori * Julie * Lisa * Sandee * Dawn * Robin * Angie * Paula (that's me)

DEER SILHOUETTE GREETINGS - North Coast CreationsSAIL AWAY - North Coast Creations
Let Your Dreams Set Sail Materials List
NCC Stamps- Sail Away
ODBD Dies- Pennants Die, Antique Labels and Border, Elegant Ovals, Faithful Fish PatternDie&Debossing Plate
ODBD Paper Collection- Vintage Ephemera (this is a sneak peek and a link will be posted soon for this item.)
Card Stock- Bristol, smooth white, Marcos 120# Dessert Storm, Black
Inks-Versa Mark Watermark
Miscellaneous- Black Embossing Powder, Black Half Back Pearls, White Gel Pen

Sail Away Materials List
ODBD Dies- Pennants Die
ODBD Fancy Folds- Double Display Cards
Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black and London Fog
         Adirondack Lemonade, Aqua
         SU! Blush Blossom, Pink Pirouette, Yo Yo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green, Garden                   Green
Card Stock- Tempting Turquoise, Glossy white, smooth white
Miscellaneous- Fine point black marker, White Gel Pen, Clear Coat Spray Sealer, Colorbox ink blending tool


Photobucket

11 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow!!!! LOVE the natural colors on your first card and the banner design looks fantastic! You have hit a home run with the double display card....my goodness, what an amazing scene you have created!!! HUGS!!!

Robin Clendenning said...

OH GOSH! Paula!!! You blow me away with your double display scenes!! This is just gorgeous! MUST do this someday! Love the real life scene you have created with your soft "alpine glow" colors like the sun has just set! The sparkles on your water is from the moon just out of site..heehee, I love imagining what is going on! Your scene is just beautiful!
The sailboat card is also a knock out with your border cut and papers used! Love it!

Liz H. said...

Paula,
Not sure if my comment went through, was interrupted by my Mom. So sorry to duplicate if it did go through. Wanted to let you know that your Double Display card is wonderful. Your creativity is an inspiration to us. Thank you for sharing.

Clickersister said...

Oh wow! What a beautiful way to present these designs!

Mary Marsh said...

both of these cards are fabulous-the double display card is over the top incredible Paula

Kelley said...

Wow, Paula, those are some real nice cards! Your deer card is so cool. You really hit it out of the ball park! (Can you tell I've been watching the Cleveland Indians every night?)Wonderful!! Thanks for joining the NCC team this month!!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous samples, Paula!!! Love the first....but, wow, girl... that double display is over the top!!! Well done!

Mehrll said...

Double WOW! The cards are stunning. The double display card must have taken a lot of work! Brilliant idea. And I like the monotone on the boat card. Would make a wonderful masculine card. TFS

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both are beautiful, Paula! I love the monochromatic look of your first sailing card. Your double display card is gorgeous! Lovely colors & I love how you added the deer & trees.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

I love brown tones so your first card is one of my favorites of yours! Your second is stunning as well!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful projects, Paula! The Vintage Ephemera papers look wonderful with the Sail Away stamp set and the scene you created for the Double Display cards packs a WOW!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin