Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Spring Window ODBDSLC238



Today is sketch challenge day at Our Daily Bread Designs and what a pretty design we have today!

 To see all the projects created for ODBDSLC238 or to join the challenge click here. You have until May 17, 2015 at 8:00pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on our next challenge post. Please do not post on Flicker as many of us do not have the ability to comment on your cards nor can we spotlight your cards on the blog.”

As you can see, I kept pretty close to the original sketch and shapes. I just added a few extra layers. The morning glory stamp is from a set called Glory and I just layered the bird and branch beneath it. I used two of the five dies from the Layered Lacey Squares set. I think the lattice look of the sentiment die cut works well with the garden theme here and that little butterfly is just perfect too!!! The Large Square Die cut is white and I used a marker to color the field light blue as if it were the sky. 

There are so many people I know right now who are struggling with cancer and other maladies. They need a little pick me up and a get well card isn't the right choice. This will go into my stash for just that sort of need!

That's about it for me. Click o the links below if you need more information about the ODBD products that I used. Now hurry along and see what my sister breadsticks have created for you today!
RobinPaula[that's me]DianaElizabethGracieChris, and our special guest Amy!

I am also playing along with the Splitcoaststampers way to use it challenge. WT530

I look forward to seeing what you create!!!
Materials List
ODBD Butterfly and BugsSpread Your Wings, Glory, Sing To The Lord
ODBD Dies Used: Birds and Nest, Butterfly and BugsLayered Lacey Squares
ODBD Paper Used: Christian Faith Collection
Card Stock: GP White, Textured Purple
Ink: Memento Black
Copics: V01, V15, R20
Spectrum Noir Markers: BT1, BT2, BT3, BT5, LG3, GB1, GB7, GB10, LY2, CG3, Blender Pen
Miscellaneous: Half Back Pearls, Hug Snug Ribbon


Photobucket

7 comments:

Graciellie Design said...

LOVELY way of using the sketch. What a STUNNING use of dies and stamps too. Just inspiring. Love the colors together! Hugs, Gracie / Graciellie Design

Robin Clendenning said...

I love your bird coming out of the morning glories!! Your colors are so pretty. Love the double ribbon too! So pretty!

Amarilys said...

amazing card! love the colors you used here and the little bird coming out of the flowers!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous card, Paula!! I love the scene you have created, the coloring, the colors, and all the texture with the popped up birds and flowers! Stunning take on the sketch my friend!
hugs!

Alshandra said...

Beautiful card Paula. I love the colours and especially the colours on the bird - how cute! Gorgeous butterfly and bow too. Sorry to hear that people you know are struggling with illnesses - I'm sure this card will brighten someones day.

Kelley said...

So cute, Paula! Love all the purple!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, what a gorgeous card, and I love the sentiment! Your beautiful "frame" of flowers is lovely, and I'm sorry to hear about so many people you know who are struggling with illness. I agree that this sentiment is far better. Hugs, sweet friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin