Tuesday, June 16, 2015

ODBDSLC243 Inspiration challenge Father's Day

Our inspiration challenge this week centers around Father's Day! This is my take on the challenge. Before I tell you about it, let's get the challenge details and prize info out of the way!

To see all the projects created for ODBDSLC243 or to join the challenge click here. You have until June 21, 2015 at 8:00pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on our next challenge post. Please do not post on Flicker as many of us do not have the ability to comment on your cards nor can we spotlight your cards on the blog.

I am also entering this in the Splitcoaststampers Technique Lovers Challenge TLC538. The theme is Look Into My Window.

I think this photo inspired most of the challenge team to use our new Sunburst Background Dies!!! I have been amazed at how many different ways the ODBD Design Teams have been using this die!!! They are just so creative and I have been wowed!!!

I began my project by cutting the sunburst on glossy card stock and then sponging different shades of ink to color the die cut. I sprayed it with a clear coat of sealer and began my search for the landscape. I settled on this pond and woodland scene from ODBD With Deepest Sympathy stamp set and the use of theWindow Dies. I colored the image with alcohol markers and cut away the sky so that I could stack the image on the sunburst. I place the window over the stack and it looked great but I wanted more depth. I took the cattails stamp from the ODBD With Heartfelt Sympathy stamp set and added another layer to the picture. There are the small cattail in the distance of the main image and then I used the larger cattail up close to the window. I used dimensional foam to help give me the depth.
Once I had the layered window together, I whipped out the new ODBD Vintage Ephemera Collection Papers because they are perfect for masculine cards!  I then stamped out the sentiment with the ODBD World's Greatest stamp set and layered it on top of a banner that I folded. I cut a strip the width of the small fishtail banner and placed that die on each end of the strip. I only wanted to cut  just the fishtail portion of the die while leaving a long strip that I could fold. I used dimensional tape between the folds of the banner for added depth and layered a border under it from the ODBD Antique Labels and Border Dies. Next came a bit of sponging for contrast and a couple of vintage brads. Then I mounted it all onto a 96# Bristol paper card base.
I used the paper collection on the inside too! Nothing fancy, it's just enough to finish things off nicely. I layered up several of the papers and even used the negative of the Antique Labels and Border die which I had used on the front.  Yes, I used the scraps! The center medallion was made by stamping the Crocheted Circle Plain Stamp on the dotted paper from the collection and was cut with the matching die. I then took a sentiment from the Life is a Gift Stamp Set and cut it out using the smallest circle from the ODBD Circle Ornaments Dies. I thought this made the perfect sentiment for a Father's Day card!!! I layered those two pieces together to finish off the inside.
Check out the pics below or the links in the materials list for more information about the Our Daily Bread Designs products.

Now go check out the other beauties that the ODBD Challenge team has made for you!!!  I hope you will choose to play along with the challenge! I can't wait to see all of your creations!!!

 * Paula Bigelow(you are here) * Chris Olsen

WITH HEARTFELT SYMPATHYWITH DEEPEST SYMPATHYWORLD'S GREATEST - H639CROCHETED CIRCLE PLAIN LIFE IS A GIFT - H609

SUNBURST BACKGROUND - CSBD99WINDOW DIES - CSBD2 PENNANT DIES - CSBD60 ANTIQUE LABELS & BORDER DIES - CSBD26 CSBD49 - CROCHETED CIRCLE DIE

Materials List
ODBD Stamps used: With Heartfelt SympathyWorld's GreatestWith Deepest Sympathy, Crocheted Circle Plain, Life is a Gift
ODBD Dies used: Window, PennantsSunburst BackgroundAntique Labels & Border, Crocheted CircleCircle Ornaments
ODBD Paper Collection used: Vintage Ephemera Collection
Card Stock Used: Su! Chocolate Chip, Glossy, 96# Bristol, Ultra smooth white
Inks used:
Su! ink: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Only Orange, Apricot Appeal, Summer Sun, Yo Yo Yellow
Adirondack ink: Lemonade
Alcohol Markers:
Spectrum Noir - BT1,3,4,  DG1, 2, 3,  TB3, 4, 5,  LG2, 5,  JG6,  CG3,  TN2, 4, 5, 7,  EB2, 3, 7
Copic - G07
Miscellaneous- Clear Spray Sealer, Dimensional Foam, Su! Vintage Brads
Photobucket

8 comments:

Alshandra said...

Awesome card Paula! I LOVE your scene through the window! Love how you coloured the sunburst background and the scene is beautiful and I love the added cattails! Awesome Father's Day card. Love the inside too!

Diana Nguyen said...

Great scene and wonderful use of the different stamp sets... the cattails are my favorite part!

Linda Hasz said...

Paula, Beautiful card! Believe it or not, your card reminds me of Girl Scout camp and that is a very good thing! There is a pond right outside of the main cabin where the girls were taught to paddle a canoe and it looks just like this. It brings back many fond memories. Thank you. Linda

Robin Clendenning said...

It DOES have a camp look to it! How fun!! Great little scene outside, wish it was my backyard (except for the hoards of mosquitos coming from the lake, heehee) Such a wonderful Father's Day card!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful Father's Day card, Paula!! I love the scene you created, the added cat-tails and how you can see the scene through the window!! It does indeed look like what you would see if you were camping. Gorgeous take on the inspiration my friend.
hugs,
Chirs

Graciellie Design said...

I really like the beautiful details you've added on your card front and also inside. So nice, elegant and inspiring. Thanks so much for sharing and for always inspiring me. Hugs.

CherylQuilts said...

Paula, what an amazing card! The detail of your cards always amaze me, and I love the window and the scene inside with the beautiful sunburst! Stunning card, my friend! Sending love, Cheryl

TLady said...

SUPER JOB on this Paula! ;) You have SUCH TALENT!!!! I LOOOVE these window scenes....! This is ALMOST what we see here at our home, out our windows, & maybe what you see too? Thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving some love! (((HUGS!)))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin