Wednesday, August 19, 2015

I Can't Thank You Enough Watercolor

After all of the recent company this summer, I was able to sit down and play in a challenge at Splitcoaststampers. I decided to do the SC554 Sketch Challenge and it felt great being creative again. This is the sketch we had and I took creative license and added some extra layers.
I colored the image using my watercolor paints and I tried a new to me technique.  I painted  using bright, vivid colors. I usually use a wash of color in pastel shades. However, I found a Youtube channel by a British artist who uses watercolor paint to create vivid and life like paintings. Her name is Anna Mason and you can find her here. This is the first time that I have tried painting in this manner and I have mixed feelings about the outcome. LOL!!! Oh how I would love to take a watercolor class and really hone my skills!!! The card turned out fine even though I need to practice painting!
I decided to use images from the North Coast Creations Floral Sentiments 7 stamp set. I stamped the image onto watercolor paper using London Fog Memento ink. Once the image was colored, I began to layer paper and card stock.  I used the sketch as my guide and this was the end result. I did not have an aqua paper that worked well with this so I made my own by sponging aqua ink onto my smooth white cardstock.
Thanks for tuning in! Click on the links in the materials list for more info about these items. You can now purchase North Coast Creation Products via the Our Daily Bread Designs store and save shipping when ordering from both companies!
Materials List
NCC Stamp Set Used:  NCC Stamp Set Floral Sentiments 7
ODBD Paper Used: Heart and Soul Collection
Card Stock Used: Smooth White, 96# Bristol, watercolor
Spectrum Noir Markers Used: BT1, 2, 3, 4
Inks Used: London Fog, Tux Black, Regal Rose

Photobucket



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin