Tuesday, August 18, 2015

ODBDSLC251Inspiration

I have another colorful card for today's Inspiration Challenge. I think Chris found a really cool photo for the challenge. At first glance, I thought about using a paisley print from the new Beautiful Boho Papers and then I spied this blue, purple and pink number. The print reminds me of a peacock with the tail feathers fully open and it also had several colors from the photo. Off I went and this was the result!

Before I go any further, let me invite you to play along with the challenge.  We would love to see your beautiful creations!!! To see all the projects created for ODBDSLC251 or to join the challenge click here. You have until August 24, 2015, at 8:00 pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on our next challenge post. Please do not post on Flicker as many of us do not have the ability to comment on your cards nor can we spotlight your cards on the blog.

I began by stamping the sentiment and sponging the edges after I used the Ovals Dies. Of course I had to layer that so I used the new Stitched ovals Dies. I also I knew that I wanted to use the Faith, Hope & Love Dies with this sentiment so I cut out faith and hope. It was a bit crowded to use both words so I went with Faith and mounted it on a coordinating blue paper from the Beautiful Boho Papers. In my mind, I need faith in order to have hope and that is how I chose which word to use. I still had a lot of negative space left, one the card so I went to my flower cupboard and pulled out this flower. It was white so I sponged on a little ink and then spritzed it with a bit of water. The flower had long yellow stamens in it and I didn't want the yellow. With stamens removed, It was a bit bare so I added the mini pearls. I chose the placement for the flower and added Fancy Foliage die cuts which I cut apart and then glued together until it looked like this. A few pearls and inked skeletonized leave and it finished everything off. 
I hope you have enjoyed time here today and I invite you to stop by my fellow Design Team Member's Blogs. They work so hard to bring you wonderful and creative projects!!!!



Materials List
ODBD Stamps used: Boho Faith
ODBD Dies Used: OvalsStitched Ovals, Faith, Hope and LoveFancy Foliage
ODBD Paper Used:  Beautiful Boho Collection
Card Stock Used: Perfect Plum, Bashful Blue, White
Ink Used: Perfect Plum
Miscellaneous: pearl Bling, Mulberry Flower, Sekeletonized leaves

Photobucket

3 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful colors and wonderful sentiment Paula! Love the paper from the Boho collection! Your flower with pearls and flourishes are lovely and love the Faith!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a perfect take on the inspiration, Paula!! The paper is perfect and I just love blue and purple together. Great details and design my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Diana Nguyen said...

Love the colors you pulled from the inspiration photo. Love the purples - great job photographing it too! Purple is hard to capture.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin