Tuesday, August 25, 2015

ODBDSLC252 Scripture

I have chosen to use the 1 Corinthians stamp for today's scripture challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs. I needed an anniversary card for my husband and gave this to him yesterday.  We celebrated 31 years of marriage!!!  I think this stamp makes an elegant wedding or anniversary card! It is my go to stamp for these occasions! This stamp is large. The center insert of the card is an A2 size and with the added embossing and vfbow, it becomes an A7 (5x7 inch) card. The large brad on the bow adds lots of extra dimension but a traditional bow would look great too, if you are looking to save on mailing costs. 
I hope you join us this week!!! Information about posting to the challenge can be found here.
 This challenge is 2 weeks.  You have until September 6, 2015, at 8:00 pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on our next challenge post. Please do not post on Flicker as many of us do not have the ability to comment on your cards nor can we spotlight your cards on the blog.

Here on the inside, I have used many of the same items as on the front. I stamped the sentiment and used the Layered Lacey Square dies. This left me plenty of space to add a personal note!
I'm glad you tuned in today! Please check out my Design Team Sister's blogs for more inspiration.
Paula (me),  DianaRobinChris
Materials List 
Front Cover
ODBD Dies Used: Flourished Star Pattern
Inks Used: Versamark Watermark, MementoTux Black
Miscellaneous: Darice Damask Embossing Folder, 5/8 inch white satin ribbon, white detail embossing powder, large brad, foam tape
Inside
ODBD Dies Used:Layered Lacey Squares
Inks Used: Versamark Watermark, MementoTux Black
Miscellaneous: Darice Damask Embosing Folder, white detail embossing powder
Photobucket

6 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an absolutely stunning card Paula!!! I LOVE IT!! Your use of white on white with all the textures and elegant details is over the top gorgeous!! I may have to case this for my nieces wedding card!!
hugs,
Chris

Robin Clendenning said...

This is so elegant Paula! It looks like a very expensive wedding invitation!!! So gorgeous and I love the pearl button on the bow as well! Lovely creation my friend!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, this is gorgeous, and I so love this Scripture passage for an anniversary card! Beautifully done (inside and outside). And a big congratulations to you and your dear husband celebrating 31 years. May God continue to bless you both and your marriage and family! I'm sure he was thrilled to receive this and knows how much you love him. Hugs, sweet friend!

Diana Nguyen said...

I love your white on white with the wet and dry embossing. The corners are lovely - as is your bow! Congrats on your anniversary!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi there, Paula! What a GORGEOUS scripture card. It's always such a blessing to see God's precious word designed SO beautifully. I would like to invite you to stop by and fellowship with us and share your creations. It would be a blessing to have you join us. We offer fabulous prizes, and it's also so nice to share our talents with other Christians. I hope you will stop by!
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Kelley said...

Gorgeous card! Love the all white and the corners! So pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin