Tuesday, September 8, 2015

ODBDSLC253 Dolphin Play

It's color challenge day at Our Daily Bread Designs!!!  Here are the rules for playing along!
To see all the projects created for ODBDSLC253 or to join the challenge click here.  You have until September 13, 2015, at 8:00 pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on our next challenge post. Please do not post on Flicker as many of us do not have the ability to comment on your cards nor can we spotlight your cards on the blog.
As you can see, I have used four of the five colors and they blend so well together. This new Under the Sea stamp set is perfect for a masculine and beach themed projects. This set is perfect for those of you who scrap and need images to go with a Sea World visit!!!
I began by stamping several images of the dolphins and I used one of the images as a stencil. I cut out where the gray ink is and sponged in some gray and black. Then I added a bit of coloring with my markers of pale grays and a dark gray. Next came the ocean and I began in the back with the dark colors. I worked my way forward with lighter shades. A quick color of the sky and some gel pen strokes on the water finished the image. Oh, I did use a bit of pink inside the dolphins mouth too. I accented the eyes with a black dot and then die cut the image with the stitched ovals. I stamped the sentiment with black ink on white card stock and die cut it with the Pennants die set. I then embossed the image and sponged the edge with the aqua ink. A few more layers of black, bulap and beach paper finished my layers. I then added a few shells finished everything off. Click on the links below for more information about the products I used from Our Daily Bread Designs.

The design team had made some very special cards for you to see!  I hope you stop by there blogs and leave them some love!!! Julie is our guest designer this month. Please make her feel welcome!
ChrisJulieDianaPaula (me), and Robin

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope to hear from you again soon!

Materials List
ODBD Stamps Used: Under the Sea
ODBD Dies Used: OvalsStitched OvalsPennants 
Card Stock and Paper: Black, Smooth White, Burlap, Sea Glass Collection
Inks: Memento Tux Black, Basic Gray, Adirondack Aqua
Alcohol Markers: Spectrum Noir- Blender, BT1, BT2 BT4. IB1, IB2 IB3, TB2, GG3
                              Copic- C1, C3, R81
Miscellaneous: Sand Dollar button, tiny shells, White gel pen

Photobucket

7 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, love the colors along with the Burlap paper and your embellishments- perfect for this new stamp set! So excited to be designing with you this month- hugs and God Bless!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Paula!! Your card is gorgeous!! I just love the burlap with the blue and the added shells!! Stunning coloring and design my friend!!

I continue to pray for you!!

hugs,
Chris

Diana Nguyen said...

Love your colors - and dolphins (and dogs) are my favorites! They always look like they are smiling. Love the rustic look you achieved!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, what a gorgeous card! Your coloring is out of this world (I've always loved your gift of coloring), and I love the masculine touch with the burlap and bitty shells. Stunning and so precious with this Scripture verse! Hugs, sweet friend!

Robin Clendenning said...

Love the burlap on this card Paula! Great addition of the shells (I forgot mine!). Love the dolphins too! They are so cute and one the of smartest animals on earth I've heard!
Beautiful card!

Nancy said...

Just beautiful and my favorite colors. I think the burlap is a perfect addition. Thanks so much for sharing.

Sarosa said...

Love the textures and the coloring of this card... very eye-catching! I am also wanting to respond to your encouragement on my post (encouraging impressions for the scripture challenge). It was so kind of you to take the time to comment! Blessings, Sarah K

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin