Tuesday, September 15, 2015

ODBDSLC254 Sketch Challenge



It's sketch challenge day again at Our Daily Bread Designs. Come on and play along with us and win a gift certificate! To see all the projects created for ODBDSLC254 or to join the challenge click here.  You have until September 20, 2015, at 8:00 pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on our next challenge post. Please do not post on Flicker as many of us do not have the ability to comment on your cards nor can we spotlight your cards on the blog.”
Here is our sketch and you can see that I just turned the sketch upside down and my rectangular piece turned into the triple border across the top of my card. I needed a masculine get well card and I thought the Vintage Ephemera collection with this antique looking bottle would work quite nicely!
All I had to do was die cut the Bottle of Prayer Label and adhere it to the bottle.  I want to point out here that this label can also be reproduced with any paper selection by using the Joy in a Jar stamp set. After I colored the bottle, I covered all of it in glossy accents. The exception is the top of the cork which is sticking up out of the bottle.
On the inside,  I layered several of the papers and added a banner with scripture. The banner was already part of the paper pack and I just added the verse which I stamped on white card stock and then sponged with crumb cake ink. I used a tan colored baker's twine to hang the banner.  The sentiment came from the All Occasion Sentiments stamp set.
For more information about the stamps, dies and Designer Paper, click on the links below in the materials list.
Thanks for stopping by today! Check out what my fellow design team members have in store for you!!! Stop by and leave them some love!!!
JulieDianaPaula [me]Chris and Robin

Materials List
ODBD Paper Used:  Vintage Ephemera Collection
Inks: Crumb Cake, Tuxedo Black
Spectrum Noir Markers: EB1, EB2, EB3, EB5, EB7, GB10
Card Stock: Black, smooth white
Miscellaneous: Black Bling, Lace Trim, Black Ribbon, Hemp Cord, Glossy Accents, Bakers Twine
                   
Photobucket

5 comments:

Diana Nguyen said...

Beautiful inside and out!

Robin Clendenning said...

Love the sepia and black together! Your antique medicine bottle is really cool too! What a great get well card for anyone to get!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful Vintage design, Paula!! Love the antique bottle with the sepia and black. Beautiful inside and out my friend. Love the verse!!
hugs,
Chris

CherylQuilts said...

Paula, what a gorgeous vintage feel to this card with this beautiful bottle, and I love the inside too! Fabulous job with the sketch, my friend! Hugs!

Julie Gearinger said...

Love this vintage card and how you flipped the sketch!! The details are amazing as well as your decorated inside :-) Hugs and have a blessed week, my friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin