Tuesday, September 22, 2015

ODBDSLC255 Inspiration Challenge - All Creatures

It's challenge day again at Our Daily Bread Designs!  Come on and play along with us!  We love when you share your creations!
To see all the projects created for ODBDSLC255 or to join the challenge click here.  You have until September 27, 2015, at 8:00 pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on our next challenge post. Please do not post on Flicker as many of us do not have the ability to comment on your cards nor can we spotlight your cards on the blog.
There are lots of choices to choose from for your inspiration today so we should see a lot of beautiful creations from all of you!
I chose to use this Eagle stamp set for my project today!  This is a stamp set that I reach for over and over again. It makes great masculine cards and pairs nicely with the sunburst background! I cut and embossed the background. I left the die on the paper as a stencil and I sponged shades of yellow and orange. I stamped the sentiment and sponged again around the die cut. I went to work on the eagle by stamping it on smooth card stock and then using alcohol markers to color. I popped up the eagle and sentiment with foam tape after I sandwiched the background to yellow card stock. I then popped up the background onto the apricot card base.
Now go check out what the design team has in store for you today!!!!
ChrisRobinDianaPaula(me) and Julie

Thanks so much for stopping by!!!!!!
Materials List
ODBD Stamps Used- On Eagles Wings
ODBD Dies Used- Vintage Flourish PatternSunburst Background
Inks Used- Tuxedo Black, Lemonade, Apricot Appeal, Only orange
Paper Used- Smooth White, apricot appeal, beachside yellow
Spectrum Noir Markers Used- CT3, GB3, EB2, EB3, BGR1, BGR3, BGR5, GG1, BG5
Photobucket

5 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Absolutely gorgeous my friend!! I adore the sunburst background behind the eagle. Gorgeous coloring and design!! Perfect masculine card too!! Perfect take on the inspiration my friend!
hugs,
Chris
Have a blessed day!!

Diana Nguyen said...

The eagle is also one of my favorite stamps! Love what you did here with that gorgeous background.

Robin Clendenning said...

What a fabulous job you did with coloring that eagle!! Just gorgeous my friend! Love the bg panel and the verse is so wonderful, another favorite for sure!
Love your card!

Julie Gearinger said...

Love your sunburst background with your glorious eagle!! The coloring is amazing and I agree with the others, the verse is perfect for this card!! Hugs and I hope you have a blessed week!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, your card is amazing, and I just love he eagle - so realistic and wonderfully "in flight" in the beams of sunlight. I so love this Scripture verse to...such comfort in difficult times. Wonderfully made with such great sponging, my friend! Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin