Tuesday, September 29, 2015

SLC256 No Designer Paper - Trust God

Welcome to another Our Daily Bread Designs challenge! We challenge you create a project without using any designer paper and by making your own stamped or embossed background.
To see all the projects created for ODBDSLC256 or to join the challenge click here.  You have until October 4, 2015, at 8:00 pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on our next challenge post. Please do not post on Flicker as many of us do not have the ability to comment on your cards nor can we spotlight your cards on the blog.
I know the embossing looks clear but in real life, it is a white pearlized embossing powder and so elegant with the Belles Vignes background stamp!!! I layered the pale blue, pink and embossed grey papers together and then decided to add the Leafy Edged Border to the corner. I liked the way it turned out and added the die cut fleur de lis to the corner. These new dies are so spectacular to work with and I am just amazed at how many types of flowers can be made with the Pretty Posies dies!

Now check out what my sister breadsticks have in store for you today and get to creating!!!  I can't wait to see what you make!!!!
JuliePaula (me), RobinDianaChris
Materials List
ODBD Stamps Used: Belles Vignes
ODBD Dies Used: Leafy Edged BordersPretty PosiesPennants
Inks Used: London Fog, VersaMark Watermark, Aqua
Card Stock Used: 96# Bristol, Core'dinationsLullaby
Miscellaneous: Bling, Damask embossing folder
Photobucket

5 comments:

Diana Nguyen said...

I'm so glad I ordered this stamp set! You've used it beautifully! So very elegant.

Robin Clendenning said...

I love the texture your corner stamp gives stamped in clear and embossed! What a wonderful border and flower as well! Lovely my friend!

Julie Gearinger said...

Love the elegance of this card!! The colors are fantastic together and your flower looks amazing with the background (now I have an even larger wish list :-))! Hugs and I hope you have a blessed week, my friend!!

CherylQuilts said...

What a beautiful background with the clear embossed stamp! It's subtle and stunning, and I love your flower! Gorgeous, my friend! Hugs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning card, Paula!! I just love the belle vignes for an embossed background. So shimmery!! The flower is the perfect finishing touch. Gorgeous, my friend!
hugs,
Chris

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin