Tuesday, October 6, 2015

O Come Metallic ODBDSLC257

Welcome to another Shining Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs.  I have just returned from a cold,wet and rainy camping trip that has put me in the Christmas Spirit.  That sounds a bit odd but the cold weather was great for sitting around a campfire!  I could have taken less rain but we made the best of it and went out sight seeing. This is just the sort of weather that sends me running for my Christmas Tunes while I create Christmas cards. I guess the timing was perfect for this challenge!

 Today we are working with the colors white, black, silver and gold. I chose to use the white, silver and gold on my card. When I first saw the Adore Him Die, I knew I had to use some bright gold to create an elegant card. All I did was use a few layers, two die cuts and an embossing folder to make this simple card! I guess the most difficult part of this was to fussy cut the embossed white layer. The perfect accompaniment to this die cut was the use of a small star die cut from the Splendorous  Stars Dies. It's simple, easy and elegant!

To see all the projects created for ODBDSLC257 or to join the challenge click here.  You have until October 11, 2015, at 8:00 pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on our next challenge post. Please do not post on Flicker as many of us do not have the ability to comment on your cards nor can we spotlight your cards on the blog.

Won't you play along with the challenge? I hope so!!!  Be sure and go by my fellow breadstick's blogs for some inspiration and leave them some love! They have some beautiful projects to show you!!!
JulieDianaRobin,  Paula (me)Chris

ADORE HIM DIESPLENDOROUS STARS DIES
Materials List
ODBD Dies Used: Adore Him,  Splendorous  Stars
Card Stock Used: White, Textured Gold, Shiny Gold, Embossed Mat Silver
Embossing Folder Used: Darice Doily Lace
Miscellaneous: Half Back Pearls, Gold Ribbon, Gold Cording to tie the bow.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Absolutely elegant and gorgeous, Paula!! I so love the die of O Come, Let us Adore Him in gold against the white textured background with all your gorgeous details!! Stunning work my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Angella D. Crockett said...

Oooh, I love this, Paula!! Gorgeous clean design....love the gold and white...super stunning! HUGS!!

Robin Clendenning said...

Lovely! Your gold and silver are scrumptious and I love the large card size die you used along with the tiny star! Perfect like you said! That must have taken some time cutting your white panel!!! So pretty and elegant and your bow is luscious!

Julie Gearinger said...

Paula, this is beautiful!! Love all of the gold and white and the bow just sets it off perfectly! Hugs and I hope you have a blessed week, my friend!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, wow, Paula! This is gorgeous with this amazing die against the white embossing. It's stunning! And I had to click on it to see it bigger...fabulous! What a gorgeous card for Christmas that really says it all...let us adore Him, Christ the Lord! Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin