Tuesday, October 20, 2015

ODBDSLC259 Verse and Seasonal Inspiration Challenge

Today we have the inspiration challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs and it's a great one to get you into the spirit of making your Christmas cards.
To see all the projects created for ODBDSLC259 or to join the challenge click here.  You have until October 25, 2015, at 8:00 pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on our next challenge post. Please do not post on Flicker as many of us do not have the ability to comment on your cards nor can we spotlight your cards on the blog.
Here is the inspiration pic and verse and a full view of my card. I used the Day/Night and Winter as my inspiration from the verse and the ornaments from the photograph to come up with this card.
I started with a white A2 card base and added a Vintage Flourish Pattern Die cut. I topped that with a Vintage Labels Die cut which I cut in white. I sponged in the blue and added some glitter glue to the edge.

Next I stamped the ornament twice in Blue ink and added the sentiment on one of them. I then fussy cut the sentiment and embossed it in clear embossing powder. I die cut the ornament and embossed it with a clear glitter embossing powder to make it sparkle. I added silver cord to the top of the ornament and attached it to the card. I added foam tape to the sentiment and added it and the bow to the ornament. I used white card stock to cut the greens and the poinsettia which I glittered before making the top assembly. The ornament was topped off with the greens and flower. That's it, a simple and straight forward card.
Go check out and leave some love for the other design team members who have made some wonderful projects for you today! Come back and play along with the challenge!

Julie * Robin * Diana * Paula (me) * Chris

Thanks for stopping by today!!!

MATERIALS LIST
ODBD Stamps Used: Elegant Embellishments
Card Stock Used: White, Pearlized Navy
Ink Used: Midnight Blue, Watermark
Miscellaneous Used: Glitter, Glitter Glue, Half back Pearl, Silver cording, clear embossing powder, clear glitter embossing powder, white gel pen, foam tape.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Paula, love all the glossy and sparkly stuff on your card! Your ornament is so shiny and the foliage on top is so pretty with the pine and the poinsettia all in white! Love your cut out window too! Wonderful colors for "Oh Holy Night" my friend!

Julie Gearinger said...

Paula, This card reminds me of delft pottery and I love the blue and white together! The ornament looks wonderful with the embossed layer and all of the other details are just perfect!! Hugs to you and have a blessed week!

Diana Nguyen said...

This is so gorgeous! I love the embossing and your classic color combo!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous, Paula!! I just love the blue and your shading around the edges as well as the embossing. So elegant!! Stunning my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, this is gorgeous, and I love this beautiful shade of blue. I agree with Julie that it reminds me of delft! I love the blue on the white and your wonderful sponging, and the ornament looks like glass! Stunning too with your poinsettia and greens! Hugs, sweet friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin