Tuesday, October 27, 2015

ODBDSLC260 Double Emboss It

As you can see, I am in Christmas mode and probably will be through the month of November too! I have plenty of Christmas card ideas and Our Daily Bread Designs has some of the best products on the market when it comes to Christmas and celabrating the birth of Christ! 
I hope that you will play along with us for this challenge! I always enjoy seeing what you come up with! Here is the info you need to play!
To see all the projects created for ODBDSLC260 or to join the challenge click here.  You have until November 1, 2015, at 8:00 pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on our next challenge post. Please do not post on Flicker as many of us do not have the ability to comment on your cards nor can we spotlight your cards on the blog.
I love the look of these stacked stars! They make such an impact on a card and they are so elegant too! 
I have dry embossed by using some dies that cut and emboss. You can see this on several of the star die cuts. I heat embossed the background, the sentiment and one of the stars!
This is an A2 size card base and I used a burgundy pealized card stock. Then I added the background which I made using gold pearlized card stock, gold embossing powder and the Ornate Background stamp. I then went to work creating the stacked stars by cutting the large star from the Flourished Star Pattern dies in shiny gold card stock. I took the large star from the Splendorous Stars die and cut it using the new ODBD Christmas Collection 2015 paper. I adhered these two pieces together to form the base of the star. The next layer was created by stamping the small star from the Silk Stars Stamp Set and embossing with gold embossing powder on the burgundy card stock as I used for the card base. This was cut out using the Shining Star Die and I also cut a bright gold star with the next to the largest Flourished Star Patter Dies. These were adhered together and then applied on top of the star base by using double sided foam tape. I cut the smallest star with the Splendorous Stars dies and the Christmas Collection paper. This was placed on top with double sided foam tape also.
The Sentiment was made by embossing Merry Christmas from the Chistmas Verses stamp set and placing foam tape on the back. This was layered on top of burgundy card stock and placed on the card with more foam tape. I thought it needed a little something else so I added the strip down the left side for interest.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Check out what the other gals have made for you and leave them some love!

JulieDianaPaula (me)Robin, and Chris

Materials List
ODBD Paper Used: Christmas Collection 2015
Card Stock: Heavy Weight Pearlized burgundy and Pearlized Gold, Metallic Gold
Ink: Versamark Watermark
Miscellaneous: Gold and burgundy embossing powder 


Photobucket

8 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

WOW, this is so elegant!! Love all of the gold, the embossed background along with that fantastic star and sentiment!! Gorgeous as always- hugs and have a blessed week, my friend!

SOUL ART said...

Wow, Beautiful:)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow!! So rich and regal with all the gold, Paula!! Love the splenderous star in the gold and all your delicate touches!! Stunning use of embossing my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow!! So rich and regal with all the gold, Paula!! Love the splenderous star in the gold and all your delicate touches!! Stunning use of embossing my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Diana Nguyen said...

Love the layering of the stars - gold and the dark red just goes so well together! Beautiful card!

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow, this is probably my favorite card of yours ever!! The gold and burgundy are so beautiful together, so striking to look at! The gold on the paper goes perfectly and your gold embossing on the gold paper then burgundy embossing on the gold paper is just beautiful!! Your star layers are wonderful and the embossing on the gold layers is just perfect!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula!!! This is gorgeous, and I love the gold embossed background with the Ornate Background stamp. I actually want to feel the embossing. And what a gorgeous color combination, along with the stunning star! Truly beautiful card! Hugs, sweet friend!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

WOW What a rich beautiful card .. wonderful, indeedy! and thanks so much for visiting my blog too :D
Shaz in oz.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin