Tuesday, November 3, 2015

ODBDSLC261 Poinsettia Ornament

Come on and join in on the challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs!
To see all the projects created for ODBDSLC261 or to join the challenge click here.  You have until November 8, 2015, at 8:00 pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on our next challenge post. Please do not post on Flicker as many of us do not have the ability to comment on your cards nor can we spotlight your cards on the blog.

I have made my first Christmas ornament of the season using some of the new November dies!  Just click on the links in the materials list for more information.
SMALL BOW DIESMEDIUM BOW DIESLOVELY LEAVES DIES
I have used the small and medium bow die at the top of the ornament and then I colored the back of the bows with Copic R29. Next, I added gold glitter glue around the edges. I stamped the poinsettia three times using embossing powder and colored using Copic markers. I cut out three different sizes and stacked the layers on top of a circle die cut after I added the greens. 
I used the banner dies to create the bottom of the ornament and added some embellishments. I added glittler glue to the edge of the wood ornament base which I painted gold and then added four pieces of bling around the edge.  The finished ornament is 6 3/4 inches tall from bow to bead and 4 inches wide.

Check out what my sister breadsticks have in store for you!


I can't wait to see what you make and share with us!!!!

Materials List
ODBD Stamps Used: Poinsettia ornament
ODBD Dies Used: Fancy Foliage, Circle OrnamentsPennantsLovely Leaves ,Small Bow, Medium Bow
ODBD Paper Used: Christmas Collection 2015
Ink used: Versamark Watermark
Card Stock Used: Smooth white for Copics, Pearlized Hunter, Pearlized Red, Textured gold.
Copic Markers Used: R29, R39, Blender Pen
Miscellaneous: Gold Glitter Glue, Gold Paint, Wooden Ornament Base, Head Pin, Metal Bead, Gold Cording, Gold Embossing Powder, Gold Bling.
Photobucket

6 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer, Paula!! Gorgeous ornament!! Wish I had one like that for my tree! Stunning bows and details. So rich and beautiful!! I may have to case it! Gorgeous use of the colors.

Hey my friend. I wrote you an email this a.m. ...just wanted to make sure you saw it.

Have a blessed day!

hugs,
Chris

Diana Nguyen said...

Gorgeous ornament. It sure would look gorgeous on y tree... hint hint. Love what you did with the bow and the glitter and the layering.. all stunning!

Robin Clendenning said...

Very pretty ornament!! Love the colors and the gold trimmings! Great shape too! Your glitter and bows are perfect additions to make this ornament sparkle with holiday cheer!

Julie Gearinger said...

Paula, I agree with the others- WOW!!! This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the wooden ornament base with the beautifully stamped poinsettia and all of the new dies- just breathtaking, my friend!! Hugs and have a blessed week :-)

Greta said...

Stunning creation--love it!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Paula, your creativity is amazing, and I am astonished at how you've designed this beautiful ornament! I love it!! Hugs, sweet friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin