Tuesday, November 10, 2015

ODBDSLC262 Dolphin Window

It has a been a very busy few months for me! There have been lots of preserving of food from the garden and many outdoor jobs getting finished up before cold weather hits! I just finished up preserving three bushels of apples. From that, I was able to can seventy one jars of apple products. I canned apple syrup, apple butter, apple pie preserves, apple pie filling and cinnamon apples. I also dried some of the apples for making fried apple pies and cinnamon apple oatmeal! Needless to say, I am tired of looking at apples but I'll sure be glad I have them come the dark days of winter.
Amidst all of the work, we snuck in a few days of camping too! You can read about that here.
 Now let's get on to the task at hand, it's card sketch challenge day at ODBD.
 Today I have a rustic masculine card for you! Nothing too fancy or difficult so I won't bore you with the details. If you should have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm always happy to help you out! 
To see all the projects created for ODBDSLC262 or to join the challenge click here.  You have until November 15, 2015, at 8:00 pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be po,sted on our next challenge post. Please do not post on Flicker as many of us do not have the ability to comment on your cards nor can we spotlight your cards on the blog.

Go check out what the other gals have made for you today and then join us for the fun!!!


Materials List
ODBD Stamps Used:  The Mighty SeaUnder the Sea
ODBD Dies Used: Faithful Fish Pattern Die & Debossing PlateWelcoming Window,  PennantsLayered Lacey Squares
ODBD Paper Used: Vintage Ephemera Collection
Card Stock Used: Textured Cantaloupe, Smooth White, Textured Brown, Pearlized Brown, Kraft,Glossy 
Ink Used: Chocolate Chip, River Rock, Aqua, Baby Blue, Blush Blossom, Cameo Coral, Lemonade
Markers Used: Spectrum Noir: Blender, BT1, BT2, BT4, IB1, IB2, IB3, TB2,                                                      GG3 
                      Copic-C1, C3, R81
Miscellaneous: Hemp Twine, Tim Holtz wood grain embossing folder.


Photobucket

7 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an awesome masculine take on the sketch with all the distressing, texture, and kraft!! Love the dolphins through the window. Beautiful take on the sketch my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Diana Nguyen said...

Beautiful card. What a great idea to use the front panel as a window. But I'm really more interested in all those apples! I love apple butter - wish I lived near you. :)

Robin Clendenning said...

Wonderful masculine card! Love the wood grain embossing on your window, the twine and manly colors and papers!
It must be nice having all those yummy apple products canned and ready for winter! I love the thought of some of those things you mentioned...sounds so good!

Julie Gearinger said...

What a fabulous take on the sketch this week- love your textured window with the sweet dolphins along with all of your other fabulous textures and details!! What a busy time you have had with all of the canning but as you mentioned, you will be able to reap the rewards later this winter :-) Hugs and have a blessed week (and possibly some rest)!

CherylQuilts said...

What a beautiful card, Paula, and I just love the texture and wonderful scene with the dolphins. How wonderful that you've been busy storing up for the winter. I remember the days when my grandmother would can and preserve...brings back precious memories! Hugs, sweet friend!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

This is fantastic Paula! I love the texture and colors! Very masculine! Love it!

Greta said...

Doesn't look simple to me, but it is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin