Tuesday, December 8, 2015

ODBDSLC265 Christmas Greetings

The Christmas rush is on at my house as we decorate the house, make Christmas cards and make Christmas Ornaments.  We have a wonderful color challenge today and I hope all of you will play along!  These colors could be used on a Christmas or non Christmas project.
I decided to pull out an old favorite and make a Christmas card with the Blue Ribbon Winner and Canning Jar Fillers stamp sets. I love these sets because they are so versatile and I reach for them often. I began by stamping the jar on acetate with black Stazon ink. When that was dry, I used alcohol markers on the back of the acetate to color the jar. I then stamped the candy canes on white paper and colored the stripes a bit more with red markers to add some shading. I die cut it with the corresponding jar die and colored the top of the jar with silver ink. When the acetate is placed on top, it adds depth with the silver being behind the plastic.
A bit of Silver cording, a sentiment and some greens tops of the jar quite nicely.  I added foam tape to the back and placed the jar on several rectangles that were cut using the new Rectangle and Double Stitched Rectangle Dies. I added a bit of blingy trim, did some embossing and added a border with a bow.
To see all the projects created for ODBDSLC265 or to join the challenge click here.  You have until December 13, at 8:00 pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on our next challenge post.

Now go check out what the gals have created for you and join in on the fun!!!

     ChrisPaula (me)Robin, and Diana
Materials List
ODBD Stamps Used: Blue Ribbon Winner, Canning Jar Fillers
ODBD Dies Used: Medium Bow, Canning Jars, Rectangles, Double Stitched Rectangles, Lovely Leaves
ODBD Paper Used: Christmas Collection 2015
Inks Used: Memento Lady Bug, Stazon Black
Card Stock Used: White, Pearl Red, Pearl Black, Pale Aqua, Desert Storm
Alcohol Markers Used: Spectrum Noir DR1, CR9, IB1, IB2, IB3. Copic C1
Miscellaneous: Silver Bling Trim, Silver Cording, Paper Studio Snowflake embossing folder, foam tape.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh your border and bow look so good. At first I thought it was real not paper! Love your rhinestone all the way around your image too! What a cute idea to have a mason jar full of candy canes too! So pretty!

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, this is amazing! Love all of the candy canes in your mason jar and the silver cord, rhinestone trim as well as all of the new stitched dies are the perfect accents to your candy cane jar :-) Hugs and have a blessed week, my friend!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love the candy canes in the candy jar, Paula. So "sweet"!! The rhinestones add such sparkle and texture to it. Beautiful use of the colors my friend.
hugs,
Chris

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin